Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarship
9am, Monday 17 June 2019
5pm, Friday 10 January 2020
|Payment per year||
to the value of $12,000
Semester 2, 2020 Exchange
Australian Permanent Residents
|Type of Scholarship||
The Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarship supports students who are interested in Asia, and want to actively contribute to Australia's success in Asia in their chosen field. It presents young Australians with the exciting opportunity to spend up to two semesters studying at a leading Asian university and develop global leadership skills.
Scholarship applicants must be:
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Studying full time at a participating Australian university (all fields of study are eligible)
- Enrolled in second year or beyond when commencing their exchange
- Holding a minimum of a credit average
- Intending to do a one or two semester exchange commencing in semester 2, 2020
Westpac Asian Exchange Scholars will demonstrate the following:
- A clear understanding of Asia’s role in Australia’s future prosperity
- A desire to learn about a specific Asian culture, language, tradition or business through a combination of academic study and cultural immersion
- The potential and ambition to contribute to strengthening Australia-Asia in their future endeavours
- A genuine desire to be an active member of the Westpac 100 Scholars Network.
For more information, including Scholarship Guidelines, please visit Westpac Bicentennial Foundation Asian Exchange Scholarship.
To read a reflection piece from Natalie Ormond, a 2017 Westpac Asian Exchange Scholar please click here.
Where can I study in Asia?
- Fudan University
- Peking University Law School
- Shandong University
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Tsinghua University
- Xiamen University
- Chuo University
- Hosei University
- Kansai Gaidai University
- Kansai University
- Kwansei Gakuin University
- Kyoto University
- Meiji University
- Nagoya University
- Okayama University
- Osaka University
- Sophia University
- University of Tokyo
- Waseda University
The Westpac Scholars will notify applicants the outcome of their application in February 2020.
Direct all enquiries to Ask Adelaide (+61 08 8313 5208)
Please note: Students cannot concurrently hold another merit based scholarship for the purpose of tertiary study in Asia. If students are offered an equity based scholarship, the home (Australian) University may, at its discretion, approve the additional scholarship.