Future Fuels CRC PhD Scholarship
31 July 2020
|Payment per year||
Australian Permanent Residents
New Zealand Citizens
Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holders
|Type of Scholarship||
Faculty of Sciences
The scholarship in the Department of Chemistry within the School of Physical Sciences is funded by Future Fuels CRC to support a full time PhD student who is commencing research in Solar Photocatalytic Hydrogen Production. The project will involve the synthesis, characterisation and testing of novel water splitting photocatalysts to generate hydrogen and oxygen in a Z-scheme photo-electro-chemical reactor. The recipient will be working with several world leading researchers within the Department of Chemistry, recently ranked as "well above world standard" by the Australian Research Council.
• Undergrad degree in Engineering or Science with a background in physical and materials chemistry, catalysis, or related areas;
• Honours or Masters postgraduate degree with H1 or equivalent GPA.
• Demonstrated research experience.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Demonstrated organisation skills, time management and ability to work to priorities;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• One or more first-author publications in a high impact journal.
• Experience in one or more of the following: catalysis, photocatalysis, synthesis of inorganic materials, surface characterisation (e.g. SEM, TEM, XPS, XRD), experiment development.
Eligibility: Open to Australian citizens, permanent residents of Australia and international students who are able to meet the University’s admission conditions and who are acceptable as candidates for a PhD Research degree at the University of Adelaide.
Stipend: The scholarship will be for 3 years and has a stipend of $33,000 per annum. It is likely to be tax exempt, subject to Taxation Office approval. A full fee scholarship may also be available for qualifying international applicants.
Please direct any project enquiries to Professor Greg Metha, Department of Chemistry. Email: email@example.com.
Enquiries about the application process to the Adelaide Graduate Centre Tel (08) 8313 3044 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application for Admission must be submitted using the Online Application Form available at: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/graduatecentre/future-students/how-to-apply
Please email a summary of your application for admission to the School of Physical Sciences, email@example.com with “Application for CRC funded PhD Scholarship” in the subject heading. You can request a copy of your application summary by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading 'Request for application summary'.