Full Fee Scholarships
Nominations accepted at any time
Nominations accepted at any time
|Payment per year||
up to 3 years
|Type of Scholarship||
The University of Adelaide offers a number of Full Fee Scholarships to support outstanding international students from any country to commence their education via a Masters or Doctorate degree by research. Awards are available in all Discipline areas.
Full Fee Scholarships are only awarded to international students who have been awarded a corresponding stipend scholarship by the host Faculty, School, or Research Institute. Applicants must also meet the minimum English language proficiency requirements for direct entry to their academic program, hold at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honours degree, and rank competitively against successful applicants in the current International Scholarship Order of Merit list.
- Full Fee Scholarships will not be awarded to individual “privately sponsored students”. Nor will they be granted to students supported by stipends provided to a sole individual without a formal agreement between the University and the Sponsor. This requirement shall not apply to students nominated in grant applications made to recognised funding bodies where a formal application is subject to peer review.
- Students in receipt of overseas government funding are ineligible for Full Fee Scholarships unless a Memorandum of Understanding exists between the University and the Sponsor to cover such awards.
- Under normal circumstances Full Fee Scholarships will not be provided for students who seek a second (or subsequent) degree which is at the same level, or at a lower level, than the highest one they already hold. However under exceptional circumstances a scholarship may be considered if at least five years have lapsed since the first comparable award was attained and the student can identify a major change in discipline.
Provides a 100% Tuition Fee Waiver which covers the cost of tuition fees as a higher degree by research student of the University of Adelaide for up to 2 years for a Research Master degree, and up to 3 years (with a possible 6 month extension) for a Doctor of Philosophy.
Note: the Full Fee Scholarship duration corresponds exactly to the accompanying stipend scholarship. The University is under no obligation to continue the Full Fee Scholarship if the stipend scholarship funding ceases or is terminated for any reason.
Applicants: Adelaide Graduate Centre Tel (08) 8313 5882 or email email@example.com.
Staff: Please contact your Faculty’s Senior Scholarships Officer or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application for ‘Admission and a Scholarship’ must be submitted using the Online Application Form. To identify that a scholarship establishment is pending, please ensure relevant information is included in the uploaded correspondence with the supervisor who will make the nomination.
Once an application for ‘Admission and a Scholarship’ has been submitted, supervisors wishing to nominate a student should refer to the Guidelines for Establishing a New Scholarship and then complete and return the following forms to your Faculty’s Senior Scholarships Officer with a copy to email@example.com.
- Establishing a Full-Fee Scholarship Application Form (full period of candidature)
- Establishing a New Scholarship Application Form
When considering timelines for student commencement, please take into account visa processing timelines. The Department of Home Affairs (DHA) provides information regarding Student Visa (Subclass 500) Postgraduate Research Sector processing timelines online: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/global-visa-processing-times.