Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship
Wednesday, 17 June 2020
Wednesday, 2 September 2020
|Payment per year||
Up to $120,000 - value will depend on the type of course or research program
2-3 years - duration will depend on program of study
PhD, Masters by Research or Masters by Coursework
Australian Permanent Residents
|Type of Scholarship||
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
Rural Regional and Remote Areas
Students with Disabilities
Study Abroad and Exchange
A postgraduate scholarship program with a difference.
Are you a domestic student commencing a University of Adelaide PhD or Masters program in 2021? Valued up to $120,000 over 2 to 3 years, the Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship could be for you.
Focussed on developing leadership potential, the program supports individuals with the drive and ideas to help shape a better future through their work and studies.
The scholarship is valued up to $120,000* over 2-3 years and includes a nine-month leadership development program, opportunities to gain global experience and access to extensive networks through the Westpac 100 Scholars Network.
Scholarship applicants must:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Have completed your first undergraduate degree after 1 September 2015 or will be completed by 31 December 2020
- Have achieved or are on track to achieve an average result of H1 (First Class Honours) or H2A (Second Class Honours - A Division) equivalent (approximately 75 Weighted Average Mark)
- Have chosen a field of study which, for PhD or Masters by Research applicants has an ERA four digit FOR rating of "well above world standard" and for Masters by Coursework applicants must be in a world-class standing**
- Commence study in 2021, not before
- Propose a program of study that:
- Can be in any field and must be relevant to the Westpac Scholars Trust's focus areas
- Includes international opportunities, such as a period of study at an overseas university, an invited presentation at a conference significant to the discipline, or a period of internship or placement at an overseas organisation, which will develop your leadership skills and global networks
- Must underpin a worthy and viable post-study plan that benefits Australia
For full details on the eligibility criteria please visit Westpac Scholars.
* PhD students may also receive the RTP Scholarship in addition to the Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship, providing value over $200,000 collectively.
** Please note that medical research as defined in the ARC Medical Research Policy will not be considered.
Applications open Friday, 19 June 2020 and close Wednesday, 2 September 2020 11:59pm AEST
For further information and to attend an Online Information Session on 21 July 2020 please visit Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship.
How to Apply
Please contact Rosie Wilkes from the Adelaide Graduate Centre to start your application.
Read University of Adelaide Westpac Scholar stories here: