1 July 2022
12 October 2022
|Payment per year||
Tuition, fees, stipend for living and academic expenses, one economy-class return trip to and from Stanford. Knight-Hennessy Scholars may apply for supplemental funds to support academic endeavors (e.g. conference travel)
Up to three years. For programs longer in duration, the Stanford Department will cover the remaining cost of the program
Australian Permanent Residents
New Zealand Citizens
Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holders
|Type of Scholarship||
Study Abroad and Exchange
Knight-Hennessy Scholars develops a community of future global leaders to address complex challenges through collaboration and innovation. Every year, up to 100 high-achieving students from around the world will receive full funding to pursue any graduate degree at Stanford, including joint- and dual-degrees. Knight-Hennessy Scholars is the largest fully endowed scholars program in the world.
In addition to pursuing your graduate research studies, shape your own experience as a Knight-Hennessy Scholar through the King Global Leadership Program. Develop both the depth and range of subject expertise to confront the numerous grand challenges and opportunities of the future. You will be part of a unique community of change agents from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Citizens of all countries can apply
- Hold the equivalent of a US Bachelor’s degree from a University of recognised standing
- Must be applying for a full-time graduate degree program at Stanford (you can’t have already commenced)
- Must apply during your final year of study for your first/bachelor's degree or within five years of earning your first/bachelor’s degree
- Meet the requirements of the Stanford graduate program(s) that you wish to pursue
For more information see the Knight-Hennessy Scholars website.
In addition to your Knight-Hennessy Scholarship application you will also need to apply separately to the specific Stanford graduate degree program that you want to pursue.
Check when your program at Stanford is open for application here.