Diana Medlin Re-Entry Scholarship for Honours or Coursework Masters
9am, Saturday 1 December 2018
5pm, Friday 1 March 2019
|Payment per year||
Any Honours or Masters by Coursework program (with a 12 unit research component)
Australian Permanent Residents
|Type of Scholarship||
The purpose of the Scholarship is to provide an opportunity for a student who has obtained an undergraduate degree to enter a research career having interrupted their academic development (e.g. to fulfil family obligations, due to a medical condition or to enable the completion of professional training such as internships or other practical requirements for professional registration in particular disciplines).
The Scholarship provides a stipend equivalent to that provided by an Research Training Program Scholarship (RTPS) for a period of up to twelve months. There are no other allowances.
The Scholarship will provide support to enable the student to undertake an Honours or Coursework Masters program (with a 12 unit research component) at the University of Adelaide. It is expected that upon completion of this re-entry study program, the student will proceed to a research higher degree and will apply for postgraduate scholarship support in the normal manner. Receipt of the re-entry scholarship does not guarantee success in the postgraduate scholarship competition.
The Scholarship will be available to applicants who:
- are Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia who have been resident in Australia for at least 12 months immediately prior to the closing date for applications;
- have completed an undergraduate degree of at least 3 years duration;
- have completed the undergraduate degree at least 3 years prior to the closing date for applications;
- are to enrol as full-time students;
- are not in receipt of significant alternative financial support for the study program; and
- have gained admission to an Honours or Coursework Masters program (with a 12 unit research component) program at the University of Adelaide in 2019.
Selection will be based primarily upon the academic performance of the applicant at undergraduate level and upon the recommendation of the department in which the student intends to enrol. The Graduate Scholarships Committee may, at its discretion, take into account the individual circumstances of each applicant.
The Diana Medlin Re-Entry Scholarship for Honours or Coursework Masters Application Form should be lodged, together with a certified academic transcript of undergraduate results, no later than 1 March 2019 at:
Adelaide Graduate Centre
Level 2, Schulz Building
University of Adelaide SA 5005
For further information or advice, please contact the Adelaide Graduate Centre on 08 8313 3044 or email firstname.lastname@example.org